When travel to India. Don’t forget to taste mouth watering semolina sweet dish. It is called Suji ka halwa in India.
Health benefit of semolina flour.
1. Boosts energy: The healthy carbohydrates in durum wheat or whole wheat are good for boosting energy.
2. Rich in iron: Semolina is rich in iron and can help you prevent its deficiency. Consuming iron-rich foods help in improving blood circulation as well. According to the USDA, a 100-gram of semolina contains 1.23 mg or iron.
3. Boosts bone health: The presence of calciummakes semolina flour great for boosting bone health. According to the USDA data, a 100-gram of unenriched suji flour contains 17 mg of calcium.
4. Maintain health of nervous system: Semolina may also help in maintaining a healthy nervous system. It is because of the presence of magnesium, zinc and phosphorus, which are present in the amounts of 47 mg, 1.05 mg and 136 mg per 100 gm of semolina, respectively, according to the USDA data.
5. Contains no cholesterol: Semolina contains zero cholesterol, according to the USDA nutrition facts. This makes it a healthy grain that can be safely consumed frequently.